Postcard ID: ES-166824
Received on: 19 Jun, 2012
Founded about 1200, the Nikolaiviertel (Nikolai Quarter) of Alt-Berlin, together with the neighbouring settlement of Cölln, is the reconstructed historical heart of the German capital Berlin. It is located in Mitte locality (in the same-named district), five minutes away from Alexanderplatz.
Situated on the eastern shore of the river Spree, it is bounded by the streets Rathausstraße, Spandauer Straße and Mühlendamm. The Nikolaikirche (Saint Nicholas Church), Berlin's oldest church, lies at the centre of the neighbourhood.